The Best Calcine storage facilities
Customer: Boliden Odda AS
Industry: Smelter (Zinc Smelter)
Time span: 2/2015 to 6/2016
Early 2015 Boliden Odda started a smelter production capacity expansion project called P200, and related to this Kopar was awarded to deliver a new calcine storage handling plant needed for the smelter to operate with the higher capacity rate.
Kopar delivery was a turnkey delivery including everything from the designing and engineering to the erection and commissioning works at the site in Norway. Main components of the calcine storage facilities delivered by Kopar was following:
- Calcine storage silo with volume of 2000m3 according to EN1090 class EXC 3.
- 5 pcs of drag chain conveyors for loading and unloading the calcine silo.
- 1 pcs bucket elevator for unloading the calcine silo.
- Auxiliaries such as silo filters, bar gates and slide gates.
- Additionally, Kopar also provided all the steel structures and walkways needed to operate and maintain delivered equipment.
Kopar started the project in spring 2015 with design and engineering works followed with sourcing and manufacturing during summer 2015. Finally, the site erection works were launched in Autumn 2015 by calcine silo erection which was build at site due to the large size of it (diameter 13 meters and height over 15 meters). Calcine silo works were followed by the erection of the other parts of the installation like drag chain conveyors and steel structures.
Hot commissioning for the installation was made successfully in spring 2016 and plant take over will take place on June 2016 according to the project schedule.