Trouble free filling with EMJET Silo Filters
Filtration is often accompanied with conveying or handling of dusty, powdery material when the dust emission rates must be kept very low. Pneumatic conveying is a good example of this, as the conveying media, primarily air, must to be exhausted from the system, namely the receiving bin with minimum dust emission. Thus, the conveying gas is directed out through bag filters, or fabric filters, resulting in required dust emission rate, typically < 5 mg/Nm3.
Kopar hosts a family of bag filters under its brand name of EMJET. It is always accompanied with a number representing the filtering surface area in square meters m2. Our filtering family comes with a variety of sizes ranging from EMJET10 to EMJET127 as standard equipment. Furthermore, sizes of up to 1200 m2 have been engineered and manufactured. Material selection is practically unlimited, thous carbon steel, stainless steel and acid proof steel are the most common ones.
Proper filtration is essential also when filling and unloading storage silos. Our silo filters are specifically designed to complement the pneumatic conveying solutions transporting the materials through the filter into the silo. Designed to last, the heavy duty silo filters can handle the varying air pressures when transporting the material into the silo.
Our solution uses a bag house filter with a pulsed air cleaning system, which is automated and operates typically based on a pressure difference over the filter bags. Filters are designed in such a way, that the bags are easily replaceable, and there are several material alternatives for the bags, depending on the filterable material, its size distribution, other material characteristics, and application with process conditions like dew point. The silo filters can also be trace heated and insulated, if your needs require that.
Additionally, filtering can be applied together with targeted suction positions in the process, where several suction points can be directed into one filter. Filters can also be equipped with a fan, whenever that is needed.
Complemented by our other solutions
EMJET Silo Filters work best when they are integrated with our other solutions. You can design a whole facility’s conveying system from the beginning to the hopper, bin, silo, with our other solutions. The filters can be used with other manufacturers solutions as they come with standard sizes. However, the full potential is unlocked, when used with Kopar’s mechanical or pneumatic conveying and storage solutions.
Standard sizes for our silo filters (m2): EMJET 10 / 20 / 27 / 47 / 65 / 127
We can also manufacture larger sizes by request.
Suitable usage cases
- Receiving bin or silo at the end of a pneumatic conveying line, when transporting material
- Filling of silos from tanker vehicles
- Loading and dry material unloading
- Typical conveying solutions of materials in which Kopar filtering is applied
- Activated carbon, ammonium nitrate, ash, asphaltene, Ba(OH)2, bentonite, bottom ash
- CaO, Ca(OH)2, CaCO3, cement, coke, concentrates, FeSO4, fly ash, fructose
- Glass, glauber salt, gunpowder, synthetic resin. kaoline
- LD dust, lead oxide, lead slag, lignin, lime, MgO, MgCO3, milk powder, Na2(SO4), oil shale
- Pigments, plastic granules, polyethylene, polypropylene
- Quartz, sand, slag, soap, soy, starch, stone dust, sugar, talc, WHB dust, zinc dust