When the direction of conveying is upwards
Kopar bucket elevators provide efficient ways to elevate bulk materials vertically up to heights of 60 meters. Kopar bucket elevators capacities can sum up to several hundred tons per hour reliably and with low operational costs. Our bucket elevators, driven either with belt or chain, are widely applicable for conveying different concentrates, ashes, and other highly abrasive and dusty materials.
Why use bucket elevators instead of other solutions ?
For vertical handling of any granular material, bucket elevators may be the most appropriate choice. They are customizable in many ways: for outdoor or indoor use, for noisy work or silent sites, they use less space and provide higher capacity, and handle large volumes of different kind of materials compared to other upright conveying solutions. They can also be completely covered up to protect the material from the outside conditions.
Technical Specifications – Belt / Chain
Bucket elevator consists of a series of buckets attached to a belt or chain rotating trough sprockets or pulleys located at the top and bottom of the unit. In bucket belt elevator buckets are mounted onto a belt. In bucket chain elevator buckets are mounted onto a central chain.
Choosing a correct bucket elevator solution for your needs depends on the transportable material, capacity requirement and temperature of the conveyable material. Our bucket elevator systems are either belt or chain driven.
- Belt driven bucket elevator solutions have higher capacities due to higher speed of the buckets. They are also cheaper, more durable due to a need of less maintenance, but their applicability is limited by continuous bulk material temperature of 200 °C.
- Chain driven bucket elevator solutions can tolerate continuous material temperatures up to some 600 °C. If the transportable material is consistently above 200 °C, we offer wide range of our chain driven systems with links of in-house manufacturing.
Typical features of Kopar’s bucket elevators:
- Capacity 1 – 150 t/h
- Height 10 – 60 m
- Max Temperature:
- Chain 600 °C
- Belt 200 °C
Suitable usage cases for bucket elevators
Lifting of versatile materials in several industries
- Mineral Industry: apatite, cement
- Chemical Industry: urea, fertilizers
- Metal Industry: slag, oxides, calcine, dust
- Energy & Power Industry: sand, lime, ash, wood chips