Steady and dust free dry unloading system
Various fine graded bulky materials are stored in feeding, intermediate, end or any other silos at production sites all over the world. From the silos the granular material is typically either conveyed mechanically or pneumatically at the site, or alternatively unloaded into trucks for transportation and usage further on at other destination or at longer distance.
Most of the bulky materials stored in silos are dry and thus, dusty. Therefore, their handling must be carried out in a dust-free manner due to HSE – health, safety and environmental issues.
Proper solution for the dust-free operation from the silos to vehicles is the Kopar’s dry unloading system. Therein, the dry material is removed from the silo into a tank truck / closed container, which transports the material to other destination for some other use. Due to the fine size and often zero moisture content, the fines are very dusty. Therefore, a sealed system allowing fully dust-free handling is essential.
Designed for closed systems, optimal for dust-free environments
Compared to our wet unloading system, the dry unloading offers a closed solution to prevent any dusting. The system typically consists of:
- fluidized silo bottom
- manual service slide gate
- pneumatic knife gate valve
- rotary feeder
- motor driven flexible loading chute / dust free loading sprout
- remote operation with control system
- dust removal from the bellows directly to the silo filter, in which case a separate filter in the loading bellows is not needed
The entire system is designed in-house at Kopar, and it is fully automated enabling remove operation by the tank truck driver.
Unloading capacity ranges up to 100m3/h.
Suitable usage cases
- All ashes – bottom ash, fly ash, filter ash, dusts
- Minerals like calcite, lime, magnesite
- Agricultural products like potato starch